Thursday, November 04, 2004

Have Heart!

I stand in awe and respect for my fellow knitter-bloggers, They have stuck to their knitting and are not bemoaning the state of the union. It's a credit to them, and to the craft, that they are concentrating on the positive. I, for one, have been busily lending my talents to a free-lance job in mid-town manhattan, and writing my little fingers to the bone so my knitting is taking a very temporary back-seat to a paycheck. I am sad that I don't have any new knitting to display, but it's coming, I promise. In the meantime, pls. take a picture of one of my favorite NYC sights. I now pass these every day on my way to this month's "office", and they never fail to remind me of the importance of strength and heart. I have a real weak spot for Lions. I am a Leo, my favorite relative was named Leo and one of my all-time favorites in the literary world is the Cowardly Lion in the Wizard of Oz. Not so cowardly afterall, he learned one of the ultimate truths: Bravery comes from the heart and not from the size of the roar! Take heart!

2 Comments:

Blogger alltangledup said...

me too, I'm a leo that is... and one of my favourite photos was taken in front of a stone lion.

3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let the fates take us where they may. All we can do is to have the courage of our convictions, remain open-minded, exercise our rights often and to remain alert to the diminishing of those rights. Therefore, like you, I am keeping my fingers and ideas nimble in the craft I have a passion for, and avoiding the angst of current events.

ps, congrats on the freelance gig.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home