Friday, October 29, 2004


The "missing" shawl - This is the one I made mention of when i still didn't know how to post a picture. Well, I've learned and boy are you in for a lot of pictures.

This is the shawl that I channeled from a very benevolent, very colorful spirit that grabbed me by the lapels and demanded that I take a break from black and white. I love this thing and am very happy with it. I wore it when i volunteered at the Knit-In in Union Square and a lot of people really liked it. It is made from Classic Elite's Provence and it took 2 skeins of hot pink, 2 skeins of orange, one skein of this wonderful celadon green (behind the checkerboard, is a very pale (almost beige) neutral green and 2 skeins of black. Because giving credit where credit is due is a good thing to do, I thank Nicky Epstein and her new book, "Knitting on the Edge", for the ruffle inspiration. What fun it was - and what great New York Subway knitting it proved to be. After you've dragged these projects through the highways and byways of the NYC transit system, you tend to think of them as traveling companions in the best sense.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Phyllis

Your shawl is absolutely beautiful - what fab colours. Hot pink goes with everything as far as I'm concerned :0)

Love your new blog !

Heather

www.dollydimpleknits.prettyposies.com

11:11 AM  
Blogger alltangledup said...

I loved it when I first saw it and know what? I still love it. There is way too much black, grey and white in NY. That zap of colour really stands out, in a very good way

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I really love shawls and this one is beautiful. Can't wait to see more pictures.
lynda

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home