Monday, November 15, 2004

Keeping Up...

One of the things I love about this city and the kind of work i get to do is that both put me in touch with amazing and interesting people Take my pals, Bruce and Mark. Gifted writers and cooks, they have authored at least 9 cookbooks. I first met Bruce through our careers - he was a creative director and I was an Account Director. He says I made the decision to hire him on my account at the time, and I guess he must be right since he's younger than I am and remembers things far more accurately - or so he would insist.

Anyway, Bruce and Mark work out of their home which is basically a gigantic test kitchen. (Bruce and I try and get together at least once every few weeks so we can knit together - I taught him to knit, but he's got an artist's eye for color and combining yarns so I have learned a lot from him. ) So, it was with some strong sense of anticipation that I went to see Bruce the other day. We were going to doing a little gossiping, a little knitting and I was going to do a lot of tasting. He's in the middle of developing recipes for their newest book: The ultimate Peanut Butter Book, and it was BROWNIE day. Along with rice pudding, bread pudding and oatmeal raisin cookies, brownies are my all-time favorite dessert - provided there's at least a gallon or two of skim milk on hand. (It has to be skim, mind you, since whole is so fattening).
When i arrived there were at least 3 desserts cooling on the dining table, so I had a moment or two to decide which to sample before I dove in.
Who am i kidding? I tasted 'em all. They were fabulous, but it was the brownies that truly captured my heart: Peanut Butter/Chocolate Brownies - all mine.


When you get a moment, look up from all that holiday knitting, and check out their website: www.ultimatecook.com. They have done a number of Ultimates and they are well worth the google if you're looking for great holiday ideas - apart from knitted goodies that is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the Ultimate Knitting Cookbook is in the works at some point! Very dangerous to visit Bruce & Mark, it seems! xoxox Kay

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home