Monday, January 10, 2005

The good, the "weird" and the secretive

Here it is, as promised. The newly finished incredible top down pullover that i just finished for my nephew's second birthday - knitted with reynold's odyssey yarn. If you can find this stuff on sale, scoop it up. I even pay full price and if you knew me, you'd know that's heresy in my world. Knitting with it is a dream. I had to re-do the neck about 4 times - my nephew has a rather large head, all the better to contain his large brain, no doubt. I knew that if he had to struggle with it - or his mom did - it wouldn't be worn. So i frogged and frogged and the yarn held up through every rip out and re-do.

Also pictured is my trigger finger mitten - done in another color of odyssey. It occurs to me that this mitten might look like it's making a rather rude hand gesture. Since I'm from NY, you might think it so but, really, it isn't since you'll notice that it's the index finger that is held up. I was intrigued by this functional mitten and i could not resist. Now that I've finished the first, it's a bore to do the second so i took a little detour for a new project: the secret.

I am currently at work on a Surprise for a pal with a new babe in the house. Since I know she occasionally reads my blog, I'm not going to divulge the work in progress, but it's turning out to be a lot of fun - and i think it will be particularly suitable for her new little girl now that I have met her.

Weather continues to be this side of schizophrenic in the northeast. Two days ago, I was house-bound in Ct., during an ice storm and today I am running around in a short skirt and a poncho. It's a wacko weather world and considering the state of the union, it's no wonder.

Ta-Ta from balmy Manhattan.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which is more 'incorrect'--the trigger finger(implying gun use), or the gesture. It's a Glomitten.

Love love love the top-down. Que cute. xoxo Kay

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too. Funny!!

xo

elisabeth

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home